ALS Ohana & ALS Association Golden West Chapter Support Group on Voice Banking with Guest Speaker
ALS Ohana & ALS Association Golden West Chapter Support Group
Rehab of the Pacific
January 31st, 2018, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Special Guest Speaker: Tim Bunnell, PhD
Head, Speech Research Laboratory, and Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility, A.I. duPont Hospital for Children
· B.S. – University of Maryland
· M.S., Ph.D. – Pennsylvania State University
· Bunnell HT, Pennington C, Yarrington D, Gray J. Automatic personal synthetic voice construction. In: Proceedings of the Eurospeech 2005. Lisbon, Portugal; 2005.
· Gray J, Pennington C, Yarrington D, Bunnell HT. A system for creating personalized synthetic voices. In: Proceedings of ASSETS 2005. Baltimore, MD; 2005.
· Bunnell HT, Gray J, Pennington C, Yarrington DM. Automatic Construction of Concatenative Speech Synthesis Databases for AAC. In: 2004 ASHA Convention. Philadelphia, PA; 2004.
· Bunnell HT, Polikoff JB, McNicholas JE. Spectral Moment vs. Bark Cepstral Analysis of Children’s Word-initial Voiceless Stops. In: Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Spoken Language Processing. Jeju, Korea; 2004.
The ModelTalker System — developed by Timothy Bunnell at the Nemours Center for Pediatric Auditory and Speech Sciences in cooperation with the University of Delaware — is a speech synthesis program for people with health conditions that affect their ability to talk.
Rehabilitation of the Pacific
Conference room Wo 4
226 N. Kuikini Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
RSVP-Terryn Davis 808-597-6416